What math skills are needed?
- Some Six Sigma components require statistics so that improvement and quality can be measured. However, very few Six Sigma tools involve anything more complex than basic statistics. Many of the results are expressed in terms of raw numbers or percentages.
- All calculations are performed by software applications (MiniTab © or Excel ©). Users only need to understand the interpretation of the final results.
When should Six Sigma be used?
- The answer to this question can vary a great deal depending on the type of business involved. In general, whenever there are processes that generate a lot of negative customer feedback, whether that customer is internal or external, the components of Six Sigma should be considered as a means to study and rectify the problem.
What is the financial impact from Lean Six Sigma?
- This varies from project to project and depends on the size of the company and complexity of the project. Lean Six Sigma projects will work to include cost savings, cost avoidance, decreased process variation and reduced defects.
What types of companies benefit from Lean Six Sigma?
- Lean Six Sigma is independent of the type of organization. The methodology can be applied to any process where data can be collected.
What does a normal Lean Six Sigma structure look like in an organization?
- This varies from organization to organization. Understanding what type of commitment will be required is a critical first step. Typically Executives will want to undergo either Champion or White Belt training to gain an insight into the overall process. Then, based on the organizations size, complexity and geographic distribution other individuals will need to be trained at different levels.
- A general rule for optimal implementation is:
- 1%-2% of the workforce trained as Black Belts
- 5-10% trained as Green Belts
- Subject Matter Experts or Project Team Members should be trained as Yellow Belts as necessary.
Each organization should assess their organizational needs before committing to any implementation plan.
Explain the Corporate College approach?
- Corporate College understands organizational need for process improvement and their investment in resources. Using both classroom and online learning allows employees less time away from the company than traditional offerings. Using this blended approach, employees are able to gain understanding of the basic concepts of Lean Six Sigma online with follow up learning, examples and discussion in the classroom. Each student is required to successfully pass an online exam (>80%), attend all scheduled classroom sessions and complete an approved project prior to being certified by Corporate College.
What are the advantages of using Corporate College?
- Less time away from the office.
- Access to instructors during the entire project phase of the class.
- Each Lean Six Sigma Black Belt receives a full single user version of MiniTab © software ($1,395 value) with their paid tuition.
- Instruction is done by certified trainers with real world experience.